Bonny Slope Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://bslopebookclub.forumotion.com

Ch 28 - 31 Empty Ch 28 - 31

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm
Ch 28-31

1. Why does Jem say that Boo Radley must not be at home? What is ironic about this? (Is it true? Does he really mean it? Why might it be important for him and Scout that Boo should not be at home?)
  2. What explanation does Atticus give for Bob Ewell's attack?
  3. What does Heck Tate give as the reason for the attack?
  4. Do you think the sheriff's explanation or Atticus's is the more likely to be true?
  5. Is Heck Tate right to spare Boo then publicity of an inquest? Give reasons for your answer.
  6. How does the writer handle the appearance, at the end of the story, of Boo Radley?
  7. How do the events of the final chapters explain the first sentence in the whole novel?
  8. Comment on the way the writer summarizes earlier events to show their siginificance.

Ch 28 - 31 Empty Re: Ch 28 - 31

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:51 pm
1. I think Jem had a feeling or a ... kind of like a prophecy that Boo wasn't there but I think it was ironic because there is no proof that he knows for sure that Boo was there.
2. He gets off topic and talks about his family and Heck's family.
3. He tries to get on topic and talks about how Bob Ewell died.
4. Mr. Heck Tate's because he is kind of like a judge in court asking for details and because he has more realistic details and more on topic things to say about the "Jem and Scout under the tree Problem".
5. No, because he did a good deed than a bad deed and didn't do anything wrong, like what's wrong with saving someone's life?
6. He writes good details and you can picture him clearly (but some readers might have not, because it is not perfect)
7. After the last chapter, I think it went back to the first sentence because the whole story gradually decreases in time.
8. I think it's perfect you have the power to write and all those words you wrote all are gold and I love especially how you summarized each event and made it show their own significance, you made it very clear and perfect, and I also LOVED your book. Exclamation Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum